Monday, August 10, 2009

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end..."

Wow.

I haven't posted since May, but nail polish hasn't been far from my thoughts...in fact, the very opposite. In fact, I've had to move on from my cassette tape cabinet into some new digs...



I found this in Target for $30...I think the capacity is similar to a Helmer. Unfortunately, the closest Ikea is 6 hours away in Atlanta, so I have to make-do somehow. :)

I've been trolling around a bit, sometimes on Makeupalley and posting a random comment here or there on my fellow bloggers' sites. It's been a crazy summer to say the least thanks to work and the occasional crazy stuff that pops up in my personal life. However, there's something else that will be taking up my time: it's official today...I'm returning to school on August 24. I finally took the plunge and I'll be starting classes toward a GIS (geographic information systems) certificate.

Some recent observations about nail polish:

1...Matte is EVERYWHERE! I swore I'd never get an OPI matte, but I'm really interested in La Paz-itively Hot. I'm considering buying Essie's Matte About You topcoat but I'm perfectly happy with my Nubar V For Men.

2...Zoya, Zoya, Zoya! If you follow nail polish and/or the MUA nail board, you've heard about Zoya's 5000 Twitter offer. My only regret about this offer was that I wish I knew that I could use the $18 credit toward Zoya Remove+ (the BEST nail polish remover EVER) instead of three free polishes. Honestly, I own more than enough Zoya polishes; I took clear advantage of the polish exchange...unlike some unsavory folks taking advantage of circumstances...but I digress.

3...Victoria Nail Supply. I'm very impressed by their quick availability, exceptional customer service and prompt delivery.

4...Wet 'N Wild Craze. While it's probably one of the cheapest drugstore brands, Wet 'N Wild does not scrimp on quality. Black Creme is one of the easiet-to-apply and opaque black polishes out there (perfect for frankening/layering purposes). I was lucky to find Craze at my local Walgreens (yet I felt a bit insane for calling them and asking if they had them in stock). It's still summer yet I'm already wearing Morbid, a fantastic blackened forest teal. The Craze polishes are worth it; they're cheap ($1.99!!!) and a dream to apply.

5...Chanel Jade. Okay, shoot me now...I've caved into green madness. I've obtained a couple of green HTFs (OPI Jasper Jade and Hey! Get In Lime!) and now I'm officially a green convert. I don't know about y'all, but I want Jade NOW! I didn't buy into any of Chanel's summer or fall lines (but I did get two of the disappointing Tokyo Happening polishes). I wasn't too thrilled about Orange Fizz (but picked up a much cheaper alternative; Wet 'N Wild Blazed), Golden Sand was too similar to last summer's Antilope, Intermezzo is supposedly a pain to apply, and I found Gondola too close to Cosmic Violine. October can't come fast enough...

I'll be posting again from time to time. I have tons of pics and reviews that haven't hit the internet yet, so stay tuned!

9 comments:

Nixxy said...

Welcome back! Congrats on going back to school :)

adorepink said...

Yay, youre back!
I'm with you about the Matte. I swore I'd never get a matte polish either, but I ordered Zoya Dovima just to slap a topcoat on it. So I havent really cheated? Hmm?lol

Congrats on going back to school! :-)

Brooke said...

Glad to see you are back! Looking forward to your upcoming posts!

mizzanonymous said...

you're back!! we're happy to see you on here again =] thanks for the update.

The Asian Girl said...

Nixxy--Thanks a lot :)

adorepink--I originally did that with the ManGlaze polishes after seeing it on Scrangie's site!

Brooke--Thank you :)

mizzanonymous--You're welcome! I'm glad to be back!

Lucy said...

I just got the whole WetnWild Craze yesterday. My girlfriend found them when she went to Walgreens. That's the second time she just happened to walk in when they put the whole collection out. The other time was the Sally Hansen Collection. It's nice to hear your going back to school. Good luck! I knew that you would move on to a bigger home for your polish. If you blog and then just look at all the beautiful swatches your bound to buy more. I stuffed my Target drawers and the wheels broke off. I had it full of polish. I had to return it. I look forward to more posts whenever you can do it.

lisawerth said...

Hello there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it is really informative. I am going to watch out for Brussels. I will appreciate if you continue this in future. A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

Unknown said...

There no better experience having you nails done while sitting on a spa chair like a princess in a throne. :)

Wedding invitation videos said...

Wedding Invitation Video Free Online Invitation And Save The Date Video Maker Cum
Indian Wedding invitation video maker online free
Wedding Invitation Videos | Best Save the Date Videos
Wedding Invitation Video Maker Online
Wedding Invitation Video Maker | E Invites
Free Indian Invitation Cards & Video Maker | Online Invitations
Wedding Invitation Video Maker Online

 
Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina