Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"It's what's inside that matters."

I received some samples from Diamond Cosmetics and I must say, I'm extraordinarily impressed. At first glance, the bottles of Diamond Cosmetics are relatively nondescript. However, once you apply...wow!


Don't Teal My Heart Away is a pretty creme teal. Teal is also the color of Ovarian Cancer awareness...Diamond Cosmetics will donate $0.25 with each bottle sold of this color.


Hue Are You is a burgundy with a gold shimmer...it has a gorgeous foil-like finish.


My personal favorite is Hot Summer Pink, part of their Summer 2009 collection. It's a neon pink with a bit of a blue flash. As with most neons, it can't be captured accurately; it GLOWS!


After seeing Oh, Tiff I had to compare with other popular Tiffany blues. On my index finger is three coats of China Glaze For Audrey, which is darker and more blue than Oh, Tiff. Three coats of Oh, Tiff is on my middle finger. The ring finger is two coats of Nina Ultra Pro's In A Tiff which is slightly lighter. Just for kicks, I applied 4 coats of Rescue Beauty Lounge's Bikini Bottom, a sheer jelly, on my pinky finger.

You can pick up any (or all, I highly recommend them!) of these polishes at www.diamondcosmetics.com for $2 each. There are a few colors at $2.50, but none of the above. Not only do I recommend them, I came back and bought a few more, especially this gem:


While I love OPI My Private Jet, it's just too sheer. A long lemming of mine, Color Club Revvvolution, was a disappointment. Chainmail Charm, in my opinion, is the best charcoal/black holo I've had the pleasure of using. It applies well and only needs 3 coats for opacity...all for $2. So what are you waiting for?!

14 comments:

Velvet said...

They're all great colors! I have some Diamond polishes,and really like them. I love the price too. Can't beat $2!

adorepink said...

I still havent tried any Diamond polishes, I need to get some. Sigh. Dont Teal My Heart and Hot Summer Pink are my favs

Helen said...

Yay - you're back! Hurrah! Just been catching up.

I have some of these from a swap I did with Kitty - love them!

The Asian Girl said...

Velvet--You really can't beat the price at all!

adorepink--It's a great deal! They're much more reasonable with shipping than most e-tailers!

Helen--Thanks! They're fantastic!

Lucy said...

So glad that your back! Thought you got lost somewhere. Aren't these polishes just gorgeous? I have all but the last since I have Revvolution. I had ordered 26 polishes! Can you imagine if I had ordered some OPI or Rescue Beauty Lounge. I would have had to take out a loan for the RBL's. I'm really liking this brand.

B said...

OMG, look at those holos!!!!!! Hue Are You and Chainmail are siiiiiick. Ordering like...now. And they'll come fast b/c they are in our state. Woo!! Beautiful swatches, mama!

The Asian Girl said...

Lucy--I was on an extended hiatus, but nail polish was always on my mind :) But yes, 26 RBLs would probably need a loan! Have you seen RBL's library of colors?! I don't have 700 bucks to spare, though :P

B--They are totally worth it! I'm still thinking about another haul in the future; since they were so cheap I bought Hot Summer Pink for my sister and my other sister's BFF because they kept draining my bottle this summer!

Stephanie said...

Hi, I'm Stephanie and I just started reading your blog. =] My favorite would have to be the holo. It's stunning!

Anonymous said...

Loving that Hot Summer Pink!!!

Good food - Great people said...

How long do they last before chipping? do they compare to the five days I can wear opi for?

Anonymous said...

I love the Tiffany blue!

xx The Little Dust Princess

Maya said...

Hot Pink Summer nail polish is just beautiful. Certainly, this color will continue to be hot during the summer of 2011!

lucky said...

The nail polish I like is also Hot Summer Pink.I think it's very cute and attractive.

Hair and Foot Studio said...

Its the hot pink polish for me, but I think the dont teal my heart away is a great project supporting ovarian cancer awareness. Those 2 please

 
Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina