Monday, April 13, 2009

An Easter miracle...

Note: This was supposed to come out on Easter Sunday, but I had major camera problems that weren't resolved until this morning. I think it may be time for an upgrade...

While people may grumble about the commercialization of holidays in general, especially Christmas, I like the message of Easter. No matter what religion (or lack of) you subscribe to, I feel like everyone can relate to new beginnings and second chances. Today, I got out early from work, I got to attend Easter Mass AND I had my first fast food meal (McD's double cheeseburger meal with some chicken nuggets, what!) in 40 days...things couldn't get any better!


I finally made peace with my Konad. I tried Brooke's tip which suggested using an old credit card instead of the tradition Konad scraper. FINALLY, I had crisp Konad transfers!

It gives me great pleasure to say this: Konad and I are going to be okay.

The base color is Nina Ultra Pro In A Tiff. I am VERY impressed by this color. Unlike China Glaze's For Audrey (visual comparison to follow in a future post!), In A Tiff exhibits a very subtle white shimmer. While For Audrey requires three coats due to streaks, In A Tiff is opaque in TWO COATS! After my fiasco with the Claire's pastels, I'm still a little wary of pastels, so I was excited to see In A Tiff's application.


I used Konad plate m57 and China Glaze Awaken for the animal print. A couple of my nails were a bit imperfect, so I used China Glaze Wireless Holographic top coat to help deflect from the ragged edges from my Konad stamping. I found that this reminded me of a Victoria's Secret bra of mine...

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Congrats on the konading!! It looks great and I love the color combo!

I am going to have to get me that In A Tiff!

Velvet said...

This konad is gorgeous! I also have and love the color "in a tiff"! Looks great on you!

Mary said...

In a Tiff is my favorite Nina polish. Your nails look beautiful, you're mastering the Konad!

Lucy said...

Ver pretty! Love the design and color. Congrats on your Konad! Hope when I buy one, mine will come out goo.

The Asian Girl said...

Brooke--Thanks a lot!!! If I had never taken your tip, I'd still be Konad-depressed! That color rocks!

Velvet--It's a great color, isn't it? :)

Mary--It's my first Nina polish...I'm still taking baby steps, though :P

Lucy--Thank you! It's a great time to get a Konad now, with so many places giving great discounts!

Deez Nailz said...

That color is amazing..... so pretty!
Unique, choice for the Konad, very unexpected

The Asian Girl said...

Deez Nails--Those CG Romantique shades are perfect for the Konad; I tried to use CG OMG but In A Tiff was way too light to show off the holo.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina